- A plant of a genus that includes lungwort.
More example sentences
- Genus Pulmonaria, family Boraginaceae
- Ferns, hellebores, pulmonarias, and wild gingers are also nice companion plants.
- There are plump, pink buds on the bergenias, and small, white flowers coming on the pulmonarias.
- In kinder climates such as hers, she says, pulmonarias, cyclamen, and primroses bloom early enough to pair nicely.
modern Latin, from medieval Latin pulmonaria (herba), feminine (used as a noun) of Latin pulmonarius 'relating to the lungs' (from the belief in its efficacy in curing lung diseases).