- A vein carrying oxygenated blood from the lungs to the left atrium of the heart.More example sentences
- The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs via the pulmonary vein and transfers it through the mitral valve into the left ventricle.
- The newly oxygenated blood leaves the lungs through the pulmonary veins and heads back to the heart.
- In the lungs, oxygen enriches the blood, which circulates to the heart's left side in blood vessels called pulmonary veins.
More definitions of pulmonary veinDefinition of pulmonary vein in:
- The US English dictionary