noun[mass noun] Electronics
- A pulse modulation technique in which the amplitude of an analogue signal is converted to a binary value represented as a series of pulses.More example sentences
- The line module test can be done remotely using two different loop backs, one prior to the A / D conversion (PCM (pulse code modulation) loopback) and one after the conversion (analog loopback).
- For voice-over-digital subscriber line applications, the MT90502 directly accepts pulse code modulation and adaptive differential pulse code modulation traffic packetisation.
- A first channel has an output electrically connected to the input line of the line interface circuit, and the first channel has inputs for both a pulse code modulation input and a xDSL input.
More definitions of pulse code modulationDefinition of pulse code modulation in:
- The US English dictionary