- An oximeter that measures the proportion of oxygenated haemoglobin in the blood in pulsating vessels, especially the capillaries of the finger or ear.More example sentences
- All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.
- We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.
- Lack of standardization of the pulse oximeters resulted in use of several probes in a short period.
More definitions of pulse oximeterDefinition of pulse oximeter in:
- The US English dictionary