verb[with object] (usually as adjective pultruded)
Make (a reinforced plastic article) by drawing resin-coated glass fibres through a heated die: the company uses pultruded components in the wing struts of its aircraft
More example sentences
- I read the woodworking journals because, while we don't use wood, we do use pultruded fiberglass, which is worked the same way as wood.
- Mortise and tenon joint for post and beam I-beams composed of fiber reinforced pultruded polymer composite
1960s: from pul(ling) + extrude.
- More example sentences
- The bars are manufactured using a pultrusion process.
- Pultrusion is a continuous process of manufacturing of composite materials with constant cross-section whereby reinforcing fibers are pulled through a resin.
Definition of pultrude in:
- The US English dictionary