Definition of pump room in English:
1A room, building, or compartment in which pumps are housed or from which they are controlled.
- Not long ago, Hydrovac was called upon to install an underground pump room for stormwater drains at a condominium building in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
- The swimming pool measures 6.9 metres by 11.75 metres and this part of the house also includes a steam room, patio doors to the deck area and a pump room.
- We also put a deck around the shaft and use the deck to hide the pump room.
1.1A room at a spa where medicinal water is dispensed.
- Last month council officials halted the water supply to the pump room after discovering that leaks in the old borehole meant that visitors were mainly drinking rainwater.
- This month, the pump room at Strathpeffer will reopen to the public.
Definition of pump room in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan