- 1A stuffed cylindrical bag suspended so it can be punched for exercise or training, especially by boxers.More example sentences
- I do some aerobics stuff and use the punchbag for some boxing training.
- When he was answered in the affirmative, he immediately became impressed as he danced around the ring and whamming suspended punchbags with that famous right hand.
- They stock every conceivable type of ball, as well as darts, boxing gloves, punchbags, headguards, snooker cues, goggles, running spikes and karate suits.
- 1.1A person on whom another person vents their anger: all I would be was a punchbag for his escaping furyMore example sentences
- He also showed he could still take a punch, and he needed to for eight rounds as Lewis' size and skill advantage reduced him to a walking punchbag.
- Ariel Sharon has become the punchbag of the anti-war movement - the easy target ‘mass murderer’ who everybody loves to hate.
- That was always the unfortunate lot of the bottom-of-the-bill punchbags and dinner-club fighters - someone had to die to get famous.
More definitions of punchbagDefinition of punchbag in:
- The US English dictionary