- The final phrase or sentence of a joke or story, providing the humour or some other crucial element: his humour did not depend on punchlinesMore example sentences
- ‘You want me to give you all my punchlines,’ he joked.
- Latterly she was even behind her audiences, who could see the punchlines for her onstage jokes rolling up on her Teleprompter before Streisand could mouth them.
- I expected ambient recordings of you giggling like a girl, telling jokes and forgetting the punchlines, looking for your car keys and so on.
More definitions of punchlineDefinition of punchline in:
- The US English dictionary