Relating to ancient Carthage.
- The Punic admiral's retreat was ill-received at home, and Carthage responded with a larger force, prying out the Romans.
- The Second Punic War began in Spain.
- But on the flanks were the cavalry for both contestants, and the Punic cavalry defeated the Roman.
The language of Carthage, related to Phoenician.
- On the farms the peasants were Berber and Phoenician, speaking Punic.
- Devastating odors assaulted her, and the noise of humans screaming in Latin, Greek, German, Punic, Hebrew, Berber, Egyptian, Arabic.
- It was for them that a large work, written in Punic, of 28 books on agriculture was produced by a certain Mago.
From Latin Punicus (earlier Poenicus), from Poenus, from Greek Phoinix 'Phoenician'.
Words that rhyme with PunicMunich, runic, tunic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Punic
Definition of Punic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.