- 1Physically and mentally demanding; arduous: the band’s punishing tour scheduleMore example sentences
- Getting shipshape in the New Year doesn't have to be punishing or expensive.
- At the starter's pistol, LaBuff, 23, immediately set a punishing early pace.
- He is insatiable in the quest for honours - often putting himself through a punishing schedule.
- 1.1Severe and debilitating: the recession was having a punishing effect on our businessMore example sentences
- Seven years later, It began a permanent presence in Cuba to expose the true human cost of the punishing U.S. embargo.
- You don't have to be in the path of a catastrophic hurricane to feel its punishing impact.
- Many Hindus were forced to convert to Islam to escape from the punishing taxes.
- More example sentences
- Considering that his normal training routine is punishingly brutal - two hours, three times a day after a 15-day strengthening course in Portugal - Harrison will thus be in supreme condition.
- However, although still punishingly cold at night, the last couple of days have been sunny (the start of spring?
- He paid tribute to the dedication of the Department's staff and others who worked punishingly long days in stressful and often distressing conditions during the seven months it took to bring the terrible epidemic under control.