- A small light basket or other container for fruit or vegetables: a punnet of strawberriesMore example sentences
- For instance, It's as easy to purchase loose fruit and veg than it is to purchase boxes or punnets of fruit or veg.
- Have a sneaky look at the bottom of the container as well, as there are unscrupulous fruit sellers who will happily sell you a punnet of fruit with furry bottoms.
- The soil has to be either specifically-designed seed-raising mix when growing them in pots or punnets, or a well-worked, light, fertile tilth when growing in garden beds.
early 19th century: perhaps a diminutive of dialect pun 'a pound'.
More definitions of punnetDefinition of punnet in:
- The US English dictionary