- 1A movable model of a person or animal that is typically moved either by strings controlled from above or by a hand inside it: [as modifier]: a puppet showMore example sentences
- His innovative use of string puppets and model special effects made the series a huge hit.
- The critics at Bombay Dreams all mentioned the fountain scene, for The Lion King it was the amazing effects and animal puppets.
- From shadow puppets to puppets on a string, the emphasis this year is on visual theatre.
- 1.1A person, group, or country under the control of another: a former revolutionary hero who is now a puppet of the stateMore example sentences
- It is about leading one's own life. It is about not being the puppet or the slave of the choices and desires of others.
- Nicholas is just a pawn, a puppet for Wilson and that is just a temporary situation until Wilson is ready to strike.
- She was remembering how he had played her like a rag puppet being controlled by strings.
- More example sentences
- The range of art is quite diverse: Photography, paintings, clay models, fashion design, wood and metal work and puppetry are all there.
- Inspired by his illustrations, life and nonsense poems, it includes songs and music written specially for the show, clowning, and puppetry.
- They partly based their style on Japanese Bunraku puppetry where the puppeteers are on stage, dressed in black, the puppets attached to their bodies.
mid 16th century (denoting a doll): later form of poppet, generally having a more unfavourable connotation.