(also North American puppy mill)
- An establishment that breeds puppies for sale, typically on an intensive basis and in conditions regarded as inhumane: the government aims to stop puppy farms, where dogs may be kept in cramped conditions with little concern for their needsMore example sentences
- Maybe, if fewer people buy from them, the puppy mills will close.
- Five years ago, 149 members of Congress, responding to a torrent of complaints about horrific conditions in puppy mills, asked the USDA to adopt tougher regulations.
- You should never get a dog from a pet store, puppy mill, or casual/backyard breeder.
More definitions of puppy farmDefinition of puppy farm in:
- The US English dictionary