- An inbred line of genetic descent.More example sentences
- Haploid production followed by chromosome doubling results in the creation of genetically pure lines within a short period of time.
- Furthermore, the biology of wood formation is surprisingly understudied because of the inherent problems of tree species: long generation time, large size, and lack of genetically pure lines.
- Total DNA was extracted from eight lines of NC hybrids and five parental pure lines.
More definitions of pure lineDefinition of pure line in:
- The US English dictionary