(also pure player)
noun[usually as modifier]
- 1A company that focuses exclusively on a particular product or service in order to obtain a large market share.More example sentences
- It's one of the largest pure play credit card issuers, especially known for its affinity marketing.
- People are just out of control as it relates to the values of these pure play dot-coms.
- It is doubtful that this can all happen through the pure play of marketplace forces (as our marketplace is so small).
- 1.1A company that operates only on the Internet.More example sentences
- For priceline.com, an Internet pure play, that figure was 96%!
- We realized we had to be a pure play in the Internet.
- Ultimately, even though AOL isn't necessarily a pure play on interactive TV, some analysts think it's the best investment opportunity in the whole arena.
More definitions of pure playDefinition of pure play in:
- The US English dictionary