(also pure player)
Definition of pure play in English:
noun[usually as modifier]
1A company that focuses exclusively on a particular product or service in order to obtain a large market share.
- It's one of the largest pure play credit card issuers, especially known for its affinity marketing.
- People are just out of control as it relates to the values of these pure play dot-coms.
- It is doubtful that this can all happen through the pure play of marketplace forces (as our marketplace is so small).
1.1A company that operates only on the Internet.
- For priceline.com, an Internet pure play, that figure was 96%!
- We realized we had to be a pure play in the Internet.
- Ultimately, even though AOL isn't necessarily a pure play on interactive TV, some analysts think it's the best investment opportunity in the whole arena.
Definition of pure play in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India