- A smooth cream of liquidized or crushed fruit or vegetables: tomato pureeMore example sentences
- The beverage is made from Fair Trade certified oolong tea with black tea and organic peach puree.
- Instead of refined sugars, sweeteners like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, fruit juices and purees and powdered fruit sweeteners will do the job nicely.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the anchovies, tomato puree, crushed garlic and olive paste, and stir until it sizzles.
verb (purees, pureeing, pureed)[with object] Back to top
- Make a puree of (fruit or vegetables): puree the potatoes throughethe sieveMore example sentences
- Puree the potatoes until they are light, white and creamy.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice.
- For fussy children who don't like veggies floating in their pasta sauces or soups, puree the ingredients in the blender first.
early 18th century: French purée, literally 'purified', feminine past participle of purer.
More definitions of pureeDefinition of puree in:
- The US English dictionary