- 1British • informal A run of success or good luck: people expect me to score in every game now I’ve hit a purple patchMore example sentences
- Substitute Michelle Doyle made an immediate impact, striking over twice, while wing forward Grainne Nulty hit a purple patch with a quarter-hour remaining, volleying over three points in four minutes.
- Dale then hit a purple patch, playing with extraordinary verve to win six of the next seven frames to level the match at 7-7.
- Another three bogeys quickly followed, but then, as the rain and wind promised to relent, he hit a purple patch of two pars before returning to the order of the day.
- 2 another term for purple passage.
More definitions of purple patchDefinition of purple patch in:
- The US English dictionary