- A thief who steals a handbag from the person carrying it.More example sentences
- A purse snatcher in Long Island City started taking off his clothes as he yelled and cursed at arriving cops.
- The increased number of volunteers we have working in the area this year seems to have acted as a deterrent to many a would-be purse snatcher or pickpocket.
- A purse snatcher was busted in Greenwich Village after he shoved a woman head first into a metal scaffold.
More definitions of purse-snatcherDefinition of purse-snatcher in:
- The US English dictionary