adverb(pursuant to) formal
- No copies of the documents disclosed pursuant to this order are to be provided to third parties other than to the parties' witnesses without the leave of the court.
- The practical operation of an order pursuant to section 13 is to keep or put the person who is subject to an order in a penal institution.
- He ordered, pursuant to section 294A, the appointment of a statutory examiner.
- With a shrill whinny, Rupert whirled about and caught their pursuant square in the chest as he reared up.
- Example sentences
- There will be borderline cases and, pursuantly, cases in which the actual classification is subjective.
- There, on that mountain you have to search pursuantly including its caverns.
Late Middle English poursuiant (as a noun in the sense 'prosecutor'): from Old French, 'pursuing', from the verb poursuir; later influenced in spelling by pursue.
Words that rhyme with pursuantfluent, truant
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pur¦su|ant
Definition of pursuant in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.