Definition of pursuant in English:
adverb(pursuant to) formal
In accordance with (a law or a legal document or resolution): the local authority applied for care orders pursuant to section 31 of the Children Act 1989
More example sentences
- No copies of the documents disclosed pursuant to this order are to be provided to third parties other than to the parties' witnesses without the leave of the court.
- The practical operation of an order pursuant to section 13 is to keep or put the person who is subject to an order in a penal institution.
- He ordered, pursuant to section 294A, the appointment of a statutory examiner.
adjectivearchaic Back to top
- Example sentences
- There will be borderline cases and, pursuantly, cases in which the actual classification is subjective.
- There, on that mountain you have to search pursuantly including its caverns.
Words that rhyme with pursuantfluent, truant
Definition of pursuant in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan