Definition of pursuant in English:
adverb(pursuant to) formal
In accordance with (a law or a legal document or resolution): the local authority applied for care orders pursuant to section 31 of the Children Act 1989
More example sentences
- No copies of the documents disclosed pursuant to this order are to be provided to third parties other than to the parties' witnesses without the leave of the court.
- The practical operation of an order pursuant to section 13 is to keep or put the person who is subject to an order in a penal institution.
- He ordered, pursuant to section 294A, the appointment of a statutory examiner.
adjectivearchaic Back to top
- pursuantly adverb
- Example sentences
- There will be borderline cases and, pursuantly, cases in which the actual classification is subjective.
- There, on that mountain you have to search pursuantly including its caverns.
Words that rhyme with pursuantfluent, truant
Definition of pursuant in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.