Definition of pursuer in English:
1A person or thing that pursues another.
- One rider famously scattered tacks into the path of his pursuers, while another took the low road, hitching a lift around one notorious mountain stage
- John ran the length of the pitch to touch down in the corner with his pursuers in his wake.
- This early medieval Jewish cult has appealed to many writers and pursuers of curiosities over the years.
1.1 Scots Law A person who brings a case against another into court; a plaintiff: the court agreed with counsel for the pursuers
More example sentences
- On the contrary, it affirmed the principle that the onus of proving causation lies on the pursuer or plaintiff.
- That there are special circumstances in which a defender may be held responsible in law for injuries suffered by the pursuer through a third party's deliberate wrongdoing is not in doubt.
- The risk of a double recovery by the pursuer is met, not through the court process, but at the later stage of the making of the compensation payment.
Definition of pursuer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan