- A rod operated by cams that opens and closes the valves in an internal-combustion engine: [as modifier]: pushrod enginesMore example sentences
- A single big cam is used to pushrod operate two valves per cylinder at the top end, inside aluminium cylinder heads.
- By placing a cam phasing system on the camshaft, a pushrod engine can be tuned to take much higher levels of exhaust gas recirculation.
- By comparison, the Cadillac's 16 overhead valves and pushrods sound trite at best.
More definitions of pushrodDefinition of pushrod in:
- The US English dictionary