Definition of pussycat in English:
- It's more of a scarred old tomcat than a pussycat, but deserves a mention nonetheless.
- If you did not like pictures of cuddly teddies and pussycats when you were carefree and childless, there is no good reason for you to like them now.
- From my third floor window, I watch pussycats patrolling their domain.
2A gentle, mild-mannered, or easy-going person: he may look scary, but people assure us he’s really a pussycat
More example sentences
- And despite her feisty on-screen image, she is a pussycat with a heart of gold, according to Tabby.
- Having branded the Lions as pussycats last weekend, New Zealand's Sunday papers were back on familiar ground this morning.
- The kids today are like pussycats compared with what we used to be like.
Definition of pussycat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan