Definition of pussycat in English:
- It's more of a scarred old tomcat than a pussycat, but deserves a mention nonetheless.
- If you did not like pictures of cuddly teddies and pussycats when you were carefree and childless, there is no good reason for you to like them now.
- From my third floor window, I watch pussycats patrolling their domain.
2A gentle, mild-mannered, or easy-going person: he may look scary, but people assure us he’s really a pussycat
More example sentences
- And despite her feisty on-screen image, she is a pussycat with a heart of gold, according to Tabby.
- Having branded the Lions as pussycats last weekend, New Zealand's Sunday papers were back on familiar ground this morning.
- The kids today are like pussycats compared with what we used to be like.
Words that rhyme with pussycatwildcat • bobcat • tomcat
Definition of pussycat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.