- North American • informal Have an adverse effect on: well, that puts a crimp in my theoryMore example sentences
- While the long days give you plenty of opportunity to roam, high prices can put a crimp in the ol’ travel budget.
- Charging for online reading would surely put a crimp in political blogging since so much of what we do feeds off of stories in the press.
- California's energy shortage and the resulting strain on Washington's power supply are putting a crimp in dairy producers' already-small profit margins.
More definitions of put a crimp inDefinition of put a crimp in in:
- The US English dictionary