- The standard spoken form of modern Chinese, based on the dialect of Beijing.More example sentences
- Suyong used a mixture of Anhui dialect and putonghua to speak to the reporter, so her meaning is barely understood.
- They refuse to speak putonghua and they refuse to travel to China.
- The official language of China is putonghua or Mandarin, spoken by over 70 percent of the Han Chinese.
Chinese, literally 'common spoken language'.
More definitions of putonghuaDefinition of putonghua in:
- The US English dictionary