Undergoing the process of decay; rotting: the odour of putrescent flesh
More example sentences
- If you want to sample this putrescent variety of Shakespeare, go for ‘Measure,’ which is clearer, better written, and more ferocious.
- For idleness does, in all cases, inevitably rot, and become putrescent; - and I say deliberately, the very Devil is in it.
- Within these putrescent pools, black pycniospores fuse to form hyphae growing toward the opposite leaf surface.
- More example sentences
- Altogether these produced a breakdown in the cellular structure of the body, evident in the putrescence of the flesh and bones of sufferers.
- Textually, his ‘work’ orchestrates a cacophony of human ruin and putrescence.
- He was so close that I could smell putrescence coming from him.