Definition of putrescent in English:
Undergoing the process of decay; rotting: the odour of putrescent flesh
More example sentences
- If you want to sample this putrescent variety of Shakespeare, go for ‘Measure,’ which is clearer, better written, and more ferocious.
- For idleness does, in all cases, inevitably rot, and become putrescent; - and I say deliberately, the very Devil is in it.
- Within these putrescent pools, black pycniospores fuse to form hyphae growing toward the opposite leaf surface.
- Example sentences
- Altogether these produced a breakdown in the cellular structure of the body, evident in the putrescence of the flesh and bones of sufferers.
- Textually, his ‘work’ orchestrates a cacophony of human ruin and putrescence.
- He was so close that I could smell putrescence coming from him.
Words that rhyme with putrescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan