Definition of puzzling in English:
Causing one to be puzzled; perplexing: only one very puzzling question remains unanswered
More example sentences
- Given the large structural changes in the complex, the small change in dynamics might seem puzzling.
- IBS can affect children, too, giving them a puzzling set of digestive complaints.
- Every few yards there is a surreal spectacle, a puzzling riddle or a mysterious door.
- [sentence adverb]: puzzlingly, he was never able to attend gatherings of contributors in Oxford [as submodifier]: prices for Goya paintings are still puzzlingly lowMore example sentences
- ‘I don't have the voice in my head,’ he says, puzzlingly, ‘It is on the paper.’
- ‘I've been trying to say this to you for the best part of 10 years, but never quite found the words,’ he said, puzzlingly.
- It's pleasant, but puzzlingly inconsequential.
Words that rhyme with puzzlingswashbuckling
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.