A thorny evergreen Eurasian shrub with white flowers and bright red or yellow berries, which is a popular ornamental. Also called firethorn.
- Genus Pyracantha, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- Plants such as pyracantha and Japanese quince produce flowers and berries on branches more than 1 year old.
- Wall shrubs including pyracantha or ornamental quince can be trained and get less out of control than some vigorous climbers.
- The pyracantha bushes flaunt the screaming orange berries, the deciduous hollies sport sparkling red ones on bare stems.
Definition of pyracantha in:
- The US English dictionary