adjectiveAnatomy & Biology
- Pear-shaped: the pyriform fossaMore example sentences
- The bolus passes from the vallecula into the piriform sinuses, before entering the esophagus.
- In normal persons, small amounts of food are commonly retained in the valleculae or pyriform sinus after swallowing.
- A pocket was dissected over the piriform aperture.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin pyriformis, from pyrum (misspelling of pirum 'pear') + -iform.
More definitions of pyriformDefinition of pyriform in:
- The US English dictionary