noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound derived from pyrimidine, used to treat malaria.More example sentences
- Induced cross resistance to other drugs, like sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine, an antimalarial treatment, is a major concern.
- Prophylaxis with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole or dapsone plus pyrimethamine is recommended.
- A case report suggests carnitine deficiency was induced in a patient receiving sulfadiazine and pyrimethamine.
More definitions of pyrimethamineDefinition of pyrimethamine in:
- The US English dictionary