Definition of pyroclastic in English:
Relating to, consisting of, or denoting fragments of rock erupted by a volcano: pyroclastic material
More example sentences
- In practice pyroclastic and volcaniclastic rocks include all the products of extrusive volcanic activity except lava flows.
- Samples of pyroclastic rocks were examined in thin section.
- Erosion of old lava dome complexes has resulted in deep valleys that dissect pyroclastic and volcanoclastic fans.
plural noun(pyroclastics) Back to top
- Example sentences
- Eruption at the surface then yields initial tephrite, typically erupted as pyroclasts.
- These fluids altered and metasomatized the previously emplaced volcanic products (lavas, pyroclasts).
Definition of pyroclastic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan