Relating to, consisting of, or denoting fragments of rock erupted by a volcano: pyroclastic material
More example sentences
- In practice pyroclastic and volcaniclastic rocks include all the products of extrusive volcanic activity except lava flows.
- Samples of pyroclastic rocks were examined in thin section.
- Erosion of old lava dome complexes has resulted in deep valleys that dissect pyroclastic and volcanoclastic fans.
noun(pyroclastics) Back to top
- More example sentences
- Eruption at the surface then yields initial tephrite, typically erupted as pyroclasts.
- These fluids altered and metasomatized the previously emplaced volcanic products (lavas, pyroclasts).
Definition of pyroclastic in:
- The US English dictionary