- A dense, destructive mass of very hot ash, lava fragments, and gases ejected explosively from a volcano and typically flowing at great speed.More example sentences
- They may be buried in place by inundation of sediment or even by lavas or pyroclastic flows.
- The eruption has been characterized by lava dome extrusion, dome-collapse pyroclastic flows and explosive activity.
- Even scarier and more destructive than volcanic mudflows are pyroclastic flows or glowing avalanches.
More definitions of pyroclastic flowDefinition of pyroclastic flow in:
- The US English dictionary