Definition of pyroelectric in English:
Having or using the property of becoming electrically charged when heated: a pyroelectric sensor
More example sentences
- The team initiates fusion of deuterium using the strong electric field generated in a pyroelectric crystal.
- For long wavelength systems like carbon dioxide lasers, for example, a pyroelectric array has been shown to be the most accurate device.
- Its measured density varies from 3.9 to 4.1, and it is pyroelectric and sometimes tribohiminescent and fluorescent.
- Example sentences
- William Thomson published the first major theoretical treatment of pyroelectricity in 1878.
- Piezoelectricity and pyroelectricity are fundamental properties of connective tissues reported for bones, teeth, and tendons of vertebrates.
Definition of pyroelectric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan