Definition of pyrotechnics in English:
1A firework display.
- ‘It's not what you'd want as a player,’ said Barry Ferguson, meaning the closed-doors match rather than the pyrotechnics.
- It is crucial that bodhrán playing is always musical and never gets reduced to equilibristic techniques and pyrotechnics.
- They followed up on the myriad strengths of ‘Mixed Bag,’ combining terrific original compositions and interpretive pyrotechnics.
2A brilliant performance or display of a specified skill: he thrilled his audience with vocal pyrotechnics
More example sentences
- The concluding Precipitato was a brilliant display of pure pianistic pyrotechnics.
- He needed the cigarettes to perform his secondary role as coordinator of Biblical pyrotechnics.
- There were tears in the audience too, but also not a little squirming at the emotional pyrotechnics.
Definition of pyrotechnics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan