Definition of pyrotechnics in English:
1A firework display.
- ‘It's not what you'd want as a player,’ said Barry Ferguson, meaning the closed-doors match rather than the pyrotechnics.
- It is crucial that bodhrán playing is always musical and never gets reduced to equilibristic techniques and pyrotechnics.
- They followed up on the myriad strengths of ‘Mixed Bag,’ combining terrific original compositions and interpretive pyrotechnics.
2A brilliant performance or display of a specified skill: he thrilled his audience with vocal pyrotechnics
More example sentences
- The concluding Precipitato was a brilliant display of pure pianistic pyrotechnics.
- He needed the cigarettes to perform his secondary role as coordinator of Biblical pyrotechnics.
- There were tears in the audience too, but also not a little squirming at the emotional pyrotechnics.
Definition of pyrotechnics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.