- A reddish-bronze mineral consisting of iron sulphide, typically forming massive or granular deposits.More example sentences
- Microcrystals of pyrrhotite, goethite, pyrite, galena, and calcite are found on the dumps.
- We have also seen several specimens in which pyrite has replaced a hexagonal mineral that was probably pyrrhotite.
- Secondary titanite, chlorite, white mica and pyrrhotite are abundant, and some samples contain metamorphic biotite.
mid 19th century: from Greek purrhotēs 'redness' + -ite1.
More definitions of pyrrhotiteDefinition of pyrrhotite in:
- The US English dictionary