Definition of python in English:
1A large heavy-bodied non-venomous snake occurring throughout the Old World tropics, killing prey by constriction and asphyxiation.
- Anacondas are related to boa constrictors and pythons.
- Non-venomous snakes like boas and pythons grab their prey and squeeze them to death.
- I used to keep pythons and boa constrictors years ago.
2 (Python) [mass noun] Computing A high-level general-purpose programming language.
- Use it to implement a parser for Python's expression syntax.
- In Python this is handled automatically via the module/import framework.
- This file is read and processed by a (mostly custom built) program written in the python language.
Definition of python in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia