- A performer of qawwali.More example sentences
- This was in evidence on December 6 when hundreds braved the biting cold to enjoy the rendition of two qawwals.
- Initially the qawwalis will be sung by 10 groups of professional qawwals, all during peak morning and evening hours, said Sahil.
- Capable but hardly outstanding qawwals, these two, and Sparkes ain't at his best either, amounting to a less than inspired album.
Urdu and Persian qawwāl, from Arabic, 'reciter, chanter' (see qawwali).
More definitions of qawwalDefinition of qawwal in:
- The US English dictionary