- 1 Geometry A four-sided plane figure, especially a square or rectangle.More example sentences
- You can make rectangles, octagons, septagons, or quadrangles… Or you can make ovals as we did.
- In contrast, triangles and quadrangles appear in the middle.
- This quadrangle is about to become a pentagram.
- 2A square or rectangular space or courtyard enclosed by buildings.More example sentences
- Exit at the west wing… it's the building across the quadrangle.
- Buildings around the quadrangle would be primarily for research.
- Johen waved a hand at the quadrangle of low buildings in front of them, set around a cobbled yard.
late Middle English: from Old French, or from late Latin quadrangulum 'square', neuter of quadrangulus, from Latin quadri- 'four' + angulus 'corner, angle'.