- 1Recurring every four years: the quadrennial world championshipsMore example sentences
- Leap years are quadrennial, like the Olympics or the World Cup.
- In the quadrennial election year 2000, the Democrats nominated President Clinton's vice-president, Albert Gore Jr.
- This year, the quadrennial tournament is back in the United States.
- 1.1Lasting for or relating to a period of four years.More example sentences
- ‘Like all our swimmers, Maggie is on a quadrennial plan,’ Marsh said.
More definitions of quadrennialDefinition of quadrennial in:
- The US English dictionary