Definition of quadrennial in English:
1Recurring every four years: the quadrennial world championships
More example sentences
- Leap years are quadrennial, like the Olympics or the World Cup.
- In the quadrennial election year 2000, the Democrats nominated President Clinton's vice-president, Albert Gore Jr.
- This year, the quadrennial tournament is back in the United States.
- Example sentences
- It was coordinated quadrennially with competitions in Varna, Moscow, and Helsinki.
- The first four documents are updated quadrennially, with the fifth being updated biennially.
Definition of quadrennial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan