Definition of quadriplegia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Paralysis of all four limbs; tetraplegia.
- Paralysis can involve all four extremities, a condition called quadriplegia or tetraplegia, or only the lower body, resulting in paraplegia.
- Deep vein thrombosis, anemia, quadriplegia, and paraplegia were similar between the 2 groups.
- The most common forms of cerebral palsy in children who have been born preterm are spastic hemiplegia or quadriplegia (bilateral).
quadriplegic adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- We report the case of a 43-year-old quadriplegic woman with bilateral vulvar enlargement.
- One half of the 26 men were paraplegic, and one half were quadriplegic.
- Yes, we've got approval from the FDA to implant this chip into 5 quadriplegic patients over the next year.
Words that rhyme with quadriplegiaflorilegia
Definition of quadriplegia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan