- A group of four powerful or notable people.More example sentences
- Cummings even had to ask the identity of the Irish member of the quadrumvirate, assuming at first it was Yeats.
- Although power was divided among members in the quadrumvirate, the sharing was not even.
- He was one of a quadrumvirate of Norwegians who developed much of the basis for modern econometrics.
mid 18th century: from Latin quadru- 'four' + triumvirate.
More definitions of quadrumvirateDefinition of quadrumvirate in:
- The US English dictionary