Definition of quadrupole in English:
1A distribution of electric charge or magnetization consisting of four equal monopoles, or two equal dipoles, arranged close together with alternating polarity and operating as a unit: [as modifier]: the quadrupole moment
More example sentences
- Lowering the temperature appears to substantially shorten the quadrupole echo decay time of the prominent doublet component.
- The deuterium quadrupole echo spectra of the two samples are presented in Fig.7.
- The two populations differ in their averaged quadrupole splitting and in their 2 H chemical shift values.
1.1A device using a quadrupole arrangement directed at one point to focus beams of subatomic particles.
- In Q-Tof mass spectrometers ions are focused by a radio frequency lens before transmission to the quadrupole.
- We have used a microfabricated planar quadrupole as a test bed for evaluating DEP-based traps, using polystyrene beads as a model for cells.
- The plot in Fig.2 has a striking qualitative similarity to the observed NMR quadrupole splittings.
Words that rhyme with quadrupoleMonopole • Metropole
Definition of quadrupole in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia