- A shallow drinking cup, typically made of wood and having two handles.More example sentences
- In appreciation of his 18 years of service to the town, Mr Ferguson was presented with a print of Brian Neil's town scenes and an engraved pewter quaich, or whiskey drinking bowl, together with a bottle of single malt whisky.
- The award, an engraved, two-handled traditional Scottish drinking bowl known as a quaich, was presented to Aiden by Mrs Jane Jones in the presence of Commodore RFA, Commodore Peter Lannin, at RFA HQ in Portsmouth.
- Celebrity fisherman Ian Botham christened the proceedings by pouring the traditional quaich of whisky into the dark waters.
mid 16th century: from Scottish Gaelic cuach 'cup'.
More definitions of quaichDefinition of quaich in:
- The US English dictionary