- A bog formed over water or soft mud, which shakes underfoot.More example sentences
- He pointed out the Dun Dyke, a raised rib of firm ground which ran across quaking bog.
- The world's largest known quaking bog found on a barrier beach is in the Shank Painter Pond system in Provincetown.
- The environment in which the microorganisms live changes from mesotrophic in the infra-aquatic peat-bog and initional quaking bog formations to oligotrophic and very acid in the real quaking bog and initional peat-moor formations.
More definitions of quaking bogDefinition of quaking bog in:
- The US English dictionary