noun (plural qualia /ˈkweɪlɪə/)(usually qualia)
- 0.1 Philosophy A quality or property as perceived or experienced by a person: in a different world, I could have the qualia of ‘red’ when looking at the sky (but would continue to label it as ‘blue’)More example sentences
- According to Block, what has remained the same is the qualia of my experience; what has changed is the intentional content.
- Nonetheless the type-type identity theory has enjoyed a recent if modest resurgence at least with respect to qualia or qualitative conscious properties.
- Sensory receptors provide information about the quality of the stimuli that they detect, giving rise to what philosophers call the qualia of conscious perceptual experience.
late 17th century: from Latin, neuter of qualis 'of what kind'.
More definitions of qualeDefinition of quale in:
- The US English dictionary