- 1Officially recognized as being trained to perform a particular job; certified: newly qualified nursesMore example sentences
- Childcare centres are getting more funding to pay for better qualified staff.
- The program has expanded to include 23 highly qualified teachers.
- The classes are being conducted by a qualified instructor.
- 2Not complete or absolute; limited: I could only judge this CD a qualified successMore example sentences
- Some rights, perhaps in an attenuated or qualified form, survived the making of the order.
- Under the paragraph 3 process, parents have a qualified right to insist on their preference for a particular school.
- The first category of decision had to be unanimous; qualified majority could decide the second.