- 1Each of any set of values of a variate which divide a frequency distribution into equal groups, each containing the same fraction of the total population.More example sentences
- The empirical data were then graphically compared with the range of 95% of the simulated values belted by these quantiles.
- In practice, this is not trivial; however, it is simpler in computing the quantiles or P values using the existing tables.
- A more indepth analysis of the logistics response times was accomplished by identifying quantiles within the original distribution and eliminating values that occurred in the highest sections.
- 1.1Any of the groups so produced, e.g. a quartile or percentile.More example sentences
- Table 1 does not contain quantiles larger than the median because the distribution function for the grandchild-grandparent relationship is symmetric.
- The mean weights of the quantiles were 168, 209, 231, 248, 262, and 277 grams.
- Classification is based on quantiles (each class contains an equal number of counties) that have gained or lost a certain level of migrants.
1940s: from Latin quantus 'how great, how much' + -ile.
More definitions of quantileDefinition of quantile in:
- The US English dictionary