- A field theory that incorporates quantum mechanics and the principles of the theory of relativity.More example sentences
- Black hole radiation, known as Hawking radiation, comes about because relativistic quantum field theory is invariant under Lorentz transformations, but not under general coordinate transformations.
- Physicists originally had a lot of trouble reconciling relativistic quantum field theory with the weak interaction that is responsible, for example, for what is called beta decay of neutron into proton, electron and neutrino.
- Quantum electrodynamics, and its expansion to the electroweak Standard Model of particle physics, is also a quantum field theory.
More definitions of quantum field theoryDefinition of quantum field theory in:
- The US English dictionary