- A number which occurs in the theoretical expression for the value of some quantized property of a subatomic particle, atom, or molecule and can only have certain integral or half-integral values.More example sentences
- Each quantum number describes the value of a property of the electron.
- The principal quantum number tells us how far from the nucleus a certain electron is, i.e. what level it occupies, the greater is n, the farther it is from the nucleus.
- Similar orbital schemes may be constructed for larger values of the principal quantum number.
More definitions of quantum numberDefinition of quantum number in:
- The US English dictionary