Definition of quarry tile in English:
An unglazed floor tile, typically of a reddish-brown colour.
- Also off the kitchen is a bright conservatory which has a floor of quarry tiles, and French doors out to the back garden.
- The quarry tiles on the floor and the face brick pillars are a fine background for the ‘country kitchen’ effect.
- At the back of the hall, the kitchen has quarry tiles on the floor, hand-crafted oak units, granite worktops, a tiled splashback and a double Belfast sink unit.
- Example sentences
- In the quarry-tiled kitchen, maple wall and floor units with granite-effect worktops provide plenty of storage.
- The entrance porch has recessed lighting and an original quarry tiled floor.
- There is an Aga in the kitchen, and homespun pine kitchen units, comfortably in keeping with the quarry-tiled floor.
Definition of quarry tile in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan