1A photographic plate measuring 3 1/4 × 4 1/4 inches (circa 8.3 × 10.8 cm).
- With a quarter-plate camera in Perth in 1898 and in the Ballarat district next year, Effie took photographs which she developed, printed and presented in albums to her parents.
- He loved racing cars, motorcycles, aircraft and model planes and was a passionate amateur photographer using a quarter plate camera and an Exacta "miniature" camera.
- It's a quarter plate lens that gives you those darkened corners that are so desirable.
1.1A photograph reproduced from a quarter plate.
- Photographer unknown: subject unknown but identified as Richard's Family slave, Monticello, Missouri, quarter plate daguerreotype, c. 1850.
- This quarter plate captures a moment of international cooperation whereby a team of three Caucasians are working a sluicing operation alongside a team of four Chinese.
- Of the 435 plate images there are three distinctive plate sizes referred to as a full plate, a half plate and a quarter plate.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: quar|ter plate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.